PoE Tester Tool
Rapid, Portable Inline Voltage and Current Tester for PoE Devices for Troubleshooting and Monitoring
What does it do? Use the Gen2 to test PoE cameras, VOIP phones, and WiFi installations without interrupting data flow, quickly detect and identify PoE type, measure power consumption from DC power supplies, and activate any port on an AF/AT PoE switch.
Smaller. simpler, and smarter. Those three words express the whole philosophy behind our redesign of the classic PoE Tester.
Ergonomic Body Design. A new curved body design that’s 25% smaller than the original PoE Tester makes the GEN2 easier to hold and use in every situation.
High-quality LCD Display. The new scrolling LCD displays more information at once and can be read in full daylight.
Simplified Operation. Thanks to automatic mode and polarity detection, the new GEN2 requires only one RJ45 input.
802.3bt Support. 4-pair testing capability makes the GEN2 ready for the new IEEE 802.3bt PoE standard.
Increased Testing Range. Measures DC power supply voltages from 3.5 to 56 volts and current up to 280 watts at 56 volts.
Quick Start Guide
- Connect a PoE switch or injector to the RJ45 port on the “Power In” side
- Add a PoE powered device to the RJ45 on the “Power Out” side
- The readings will automatically display on the screen.
Testing DC Power Supplies
- Connect a DC power supply to the “DC Power In” to just measure voltage
- Use the jumper cable from “DC Power Out” to your device to measure the current draw as well